[Proj4j] Re: Updoming Workn on Proj4J

Landon Blake sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Wed May 23 11:57:58 EDT 2012

Thanks for the feedback Martin. Your suggestion about the globe
projection preview is quite interesting. I suppose I'd have to figure
out how I could steal some of the display components from OJ. That
would involve ripping out the LayerViewPanel and its supporting
classes. This would be a great "stand-alone" component, but it would
also be a bit of work. :]

I definitely believe a CRS registry viewer is an important tool, and
it shouldn't be too hard to incorporate into a GUI.

My plan is to have a simple GUI front-end for Proj4J. This will allow
me to (1) learn about the Proj4J library and (2) test out my first
project with Netbeans RCP.

I'll start with shapefile support, but would like to add support for
additional file types like WKT and GPX. I think a simple front-end
would increase support for the library.

Is the list here up to date?:
http://trac.osgeo.org/proj4j/query?status=%21closed&order=id&desc=1&type=enhancement

If so, I can work on a couple of the items. I note there is a ticket
for a GUI. I can incorporate some of the comments from it in my work.

I also note this page indicates no build of the library is available
for download:
http://trac.osgeo.org/proj4j/

Would you have any objections to getting a build online for download?
It seems like this should be done before work on a GUI.

I know you are busy. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Landon