[Proj4j] Submit Proj4J as a joint LocationTech project?

Rob Emanuele rdemanuele at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 14:46:16 PST 2016

Hey Martin,

GeoTrellis uses proj4j, but we actually took the code [1] and made some
edits in our copied codebase because there was no maven central version. We
copied it because we needed to make a bunch of things Serializable, and it
seemed like the path of least resistance. It hurt my open-source feelings,
though, to work on a forked copy and not work off of the main version, so
I'm really happy that proj4j could move to GitHub and be a join
OSGeo/LocationTech project so that collaboration is easier and the binaries
can be published through LocationTech's process. I'd be happy to help out
submitting the project, moving it to GitHub, and all the other legwork that
it would take to get this done.

Best,
Rob

[1]