[Projects] OGC products list

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 18:20:20 PDT 2014

Thanks for jumping on this. I spoke to several OGC members in Calgary and was thus aware of some of what is going on.

> Some unresolved issues:
>
> - there are costs involved in submissions, who covers these costs?

We may be able to arrange a contribution in kind (ie OGC may be in position to defer these costs as part of the relationship between the two organisations) although I would feel better I'd OSGeo could cover these costs in order to point to a solid benefit of joining our foundation. Indeed this activity hits several of our stated goals.

> - how do we handle projects/products that are in Incubation?  (such as Rasdaman)  Are Incubation projects, and their lead contact, considered as legal authority /officer of the OSGeo foundation?

Afraid not, we really want that assurance that projects are open source. All we would end up doing is putting up a higher gate to entering incubation with out the benefit of a mentor to ask questions.

> Thoughts?

Great to see some benefit out of our long-standing collaboration with OGC.

> Let's all work through this together :)

I am not sure about using this list for discussions. If it becomes a place too work on things together it will loose value for quick efficient communication. Guess we can figure it out over time.