[Projects] Budgeting project event support for 2017

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 16:06:03 PST 2016

Thanks Anita:

I have made a note for the GeoServer community who is planning a sprint for
later in the year. The numbers are based on last year; hopefully we will
see similar sponsorship support allowing us to have a code sprint.

*Note 1: *One thing that came up last year was the track a budget from year
to year, and to arrange your project sponsors to make donations via OSGeo.
This is available; just not often used ...

*Note 2: *Code sprints work best when OSGeo is asked to provide cost/risk
sharing. This can provide your event with up front funds, protect against
budget shortfall, and allow us to fund more teams through out the year.

--
Jody Garnett