[Projects] please create a new project flyer for your project with the new branding till FOSS4G Boston

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 12:50:17 PDT 2017

I think Luca may of turned in so let me try for an update:

- we focused on the 4 page brochure since that had a lot of changes and
suggestions from the code sprint.
- luca has shared the information sheets he has done, the graphic designer
is making print ready versions in indesign
- we had a solid look at printing (with a bit of help from peter wheerler
and jeffrey johnson) and found that printing Letter size (rather than A4)
provides a big cost savings in the US

I am not sure if Luca or myself asked for an improved SVG export.

Let me try again:

1. Removed all the groups to make it flat
2. Tried the result in InkScape still hard to edit text
3. Made new text in InkScape - easier to edit
4. Noticed that InkScape had the page size incorrect (everything is reduced
by a bit 8.5 point fonts are now 6.8 etc...)
5. Made a new document starting with empty A4 InkScape, typed in the text,
copied the shapes over and resized to fit

Please try the following:
​
 template_a4.svg
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B022m344wU7hZjlTU1d1WVg1ME0/view?usp=drive_web>
​
It only really works in inkscape, if I preview it in another program (such
as firefox) the text is broken or missing. Is there another open source
program we could be using other than InkScape?

--
Jody Garnett