[Projects] OSGeo Budget 2023

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 03:50:02 PST 2023

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Budget 2023
Date: 	Sun, 1 Jan 2023 13:48:53 +0200
From: 	Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com>
To: 	OSGeo Discussions <discuss at lists.osgeo.org>

Dear OSGeo project members and committees,

Over the previous years, OSGeo has been proud to support a growing
number of project events, such as code sprints, developer meetings and
user conferences.

OSGeo continues to execute the annual budget, and is reaching out to all
committees (including Project Steering Committees), to help plan our
budget for 2023.

In 2022, the Board assigned an initial amount of 500 USD to all
graduated projects who have reported to the Board the activities of the
last 12 months (e.g. during the AGM or directly to a Board meeting) and
have sent a budget request.

Given the success of FOSS4G 2022 we are in the position to support our
projects again as before. For 2023, the Board is planning to continue to
offer a budget to all graduated projects with the exact amount to be
determined.

To help navigate the uncertainties ahead in 2023, the Board is planning
to have a budget meeting within January 2023 to review 2022
expenditures, sponsorship and make financial decisions for the 2023 budget.

Projects with a more specific plan (to pursue a clear goal) are welcome
to send a more detailed request for approval (see detailed budget
requests from 2022 e.g.
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoServer_Budget_2022) A good idea is to
focus on OSGeo participation, for example attending the AGM or a code
sprint. Also, keep in mind OSGeo goals as an organization.

Please add your project info to the budget draft at:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2023
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2023>

Project budget requests should be submitted ideally by 20 January 2023
in advance of our next Board meeting.

Thank you and Happy New Year!
On behalf of the OSGeo Board,
Angelos