[pycsw-devel] Initial plan to implement ISO and INSPIRE compatibility for PyCSW

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 17:18:54 EDT 2011

On 03/08/2011 10:31 PM, Kralidis,Tom [Ontario] wrote:
>>> I think it would be a good idea to:
>>>
>>> - start mapping out the core queryables (we should start
>> with the ISO
>>> profile first IMHO, since it looks like INSPIRE is an
>> extension based
>>> on the ISO profile)
>>> - establish a framework on adding plugins to the code
>>>
>>> We could use the wiki at
>> https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/pycsw/wiki
>>> to start and flush out requirements.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>>
>>> ..Tom
>>>
>> Yes, we should start on this and then build up.
>> We also have to decide about adding some extra tables to the
>> db schema, but I guess this can wait for a bit later. Let's
>> just test the mappings on a single table and then change this
>> for performance if necessary.
>>
>> I have a short list of tasks for myself:
>> 1. create a test configuration file for ISO/INSPIRE 2. see
>> for any possible model changes in config class.
>> 3. install a working server
>> 4. test a scenario for ISO mappings based on my previous mail.
>>
> Sounds like a plan.  FYI I've created a sandbox for you in svn as well.
>
> ..Tom

Thank you Tom for the svn access :)

I want to report on the above list:
1. New config files are now included in profiles/apiso and
profiles/inspire folders in sandbox
2. Some model specific changes are included for iso profile class. Thank
you very much for your time explaining the base code.
3. A test server at NTUA is available for testing at:
http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/pycsw/csw.py?service=CSW&version=2.0.2&request=GetCapabilities
OGC CITE test resulted in 100% compliance :)
4. ISO core queryables are listed in new config files for both ISO and
INSPIRE profiles in sandbox.

So now the next step is to move towards iso profile.

Best regards,
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos