[pycsw-devel] development update

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 20:03:54 EST 2012

Thank you Tom for your warm welcome.
I hope I didn't get rusty from the 9 month army experience :)

Excellent job on those new features! Thank you very much.

The geonode - pycsw integration is a very exciting prospect.

+1 on 1.2.0 release plan for FOSS4G-NA.

Also, it is time for us to add PyCSW officially to the OSGeoLive 5.5 DVD...

Angelos

On 01/29/2012 01:47 AM, Tom Kralidis wrote:

> All: just wanted to provide a list of project updates:
>
> - welcome back Angelos!  Angelos has been sorely missed and it's great
> to have him back on the project
>
> - performance improvements: _significant_ speedups as repositories
> increase in records [1].  A little more work on the data model, but
> worth the effort
>
> - testing: in addition to the OGC CITE tests, there is now a testing
> framework in trunk in the spirit of MapServer's msautotest.  All
> commits always should pass both OGC CSW and the tester/ framework, as
> well as doc updates
>
> - loads of other fixes and enhancements [2]:
>  - JSON output
>  - unified administration utility
>  - SRU support
>  - WMS harvest support for APISO (other OWS are coming)
>  - ogc:Function support
>  - MySQL support
>  - geometry transformation using pyproj
>  - asynchronous processing
>
> All of the above is in svn trunk and git mirror [3] which is always
> kept up to date.
>
> - geonode integration: work has recently been done to enable pycsw as
> the CSW endpoint for GeoNode [4].
>
> Having said this, we should think about a 1.2.0 release plan, maybe
> FOSS4G-NA 2012 [5] would be a good timeline?  Comments?
>
> ..Tom
>
> [1] http://kralidis.ca/blog/2011/10/09/pycsw-performance-improvements/
> [2]
> https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/pycsw/query?group=status&milestone=1.2.0&milestone=1.0.1