[pycsw-devel] typeName in GetRecords requests

Ryan Clark ryan.clark at azgs.az.gov
Thu Feb 7 12:44:56 PST 2013

Hi!

I'm experimenting with pycsw. I set everything up and used the pycsw-admin.py function to import a set of XML records into my database. The files were ISO19139 docs. That was cool how easy it was.

After the load, I tried some GetRecords requests. I noticed that requests in which I specify ...&typeNames=gmd:MD_Metadata... gives me the results I expect. However, if I specify typeNames=csw:Record I don't get any results.

Does that seem like a bug, or a feature? To me it seems a little contradictory to the description of the typeNames parameter in the CSW spec. I think I've seen a similar issue in GeoNetwork in the past, but I ran similar queries using ESRI's Geoportal and I got the results I expected regardless of what I put as typeName.

Thanks!

Ryan Clark
ryan.clark at azgs.az.gov
(520) 302-4871