[pycsw-devel] OGC Compliance updates

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 11 07:43:41 PST 2013

All: at long last, the project has certified OGC Compliant by OGC.  While pycsw has always tested/passed CITE from inception, this final step of rubber stamping will prove valuable for users looking for this official certification.  As well, this will help pycsw on the way to OSGeo incubation.

Added good news: we've also now an official OGC Reference Implementation, and join a list of impressive projects which serve as OGC RI's (look for us soon on http://cite.opengeospatial.org/reference).

Having said this, it's a good idea to put forth some formal communication.  I've drafted a news item at http://piratepad.net/2DUsfFEGUS.  If folks can review/comment/modify, that would be great.  We can send this out next week, once we are added to http://cite.opengeospatial.org/reference.

Cheers

..Tom