[pycsw-devel] General CSW questions

Ian Edwards iedwards.pub at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 02:03:21 PDT 2013

Is there a forum anywhere for generic CSW questions?  I'm new to CSW and
pycsw and I have a few up front questions that I've been unable to find
answers to before getting stuck in.

I'm trying to determine whether all transactions can/should take place
through the CSW (CSW-T) interfaces.

I'm interested in:
a) accessing change log (revision history) of metadata records - including
who made changes, date/time of modification etc.

b) high granularity of access control, e.g. anyone can edit DC fields in a
metadata record, but only designated people can edit the custom "approved"
or "authorized" fields in the same record.

c) can database migrations be managed for evolving the structure of
metadata records? (changes to database schema in repeatable and consistent
ways).

Many thanks

Ian