[pycsw-devel] CKAN - pycsw integration: last details

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Wed Jun 26 07:56:18 PDT 2013

Hi pycsw folks,

We have been working on the CKAN-pycsw integration, and the work is
almost done except for some minor details. The code is in this branch
on ckanext-spatial:

https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-spatial/tree/24-pycsw-integration-command

Docs here:

https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-spatial/tree/24-pycsw-integration-command#ckan-pycsw

There is an overview of how it works on the docs but basically there
is a command that can be run regularly to keep datasets in CKAN in
sync with the pycsw repo.

I have a couple of doubts though:

* Regarding the different backends for geometries, I see that support
for PostGIS backend will be included in pycsw 1.6.0, which is great.
What kind of configuration does it require to use a backend or
another? I didn't find it in the docs, but looking at the code it
seems that if you want native Postgis you just need to create a geom
field in the records table (with a different name from wkt_geometry)
and that's it?

Can you give me an example GetRecords request that filters by bbox
that I can use to test our setup?

* I seem to remember that there was some talk about offering full text
support. Has this been implemented and if so what kind of setup does
it require? (ie is there an index that needs to be created in the DB?

Thanks a lot,

Adrià