[pycsw-devel] CKAN - pycsw integration: last details

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Thu Jun 27 03:00:44 PDT 2013

Hi Tom and Angelos,

Thanks for your comments, see below:

On 27 June 2013 03:36, Tom Kralidis <tomkralidis at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Sorry that I did not find the time to update the master (1.6.0) docs for
>> this new feature but the user is not required to do much.
>> http://pycsw.org/docs/administration.html#setting-up-the-database
>> The way native PostGIS geometries are handled by pycsw is briefly
>> explained here:
>> https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/issues/124#issuecomment-16693140
>>
>> Basically, during
>>
>> pycsw-admin.py -c setup_db -f default.cfg
>>

> Looks like ckan-spatial has duplicated pycsw.admin.setup_db (https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/blob/master/pycsw/admin.py#L43) in https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-spatial/blob/24-pycsw-integration-command/bin/ckan_pycsw.py#L16
>
> iirc, this was to address some issues with pycsw.admin.setup_db.  With help from David R, we've implemented functionality to make pycsw.admin.setup_db much more flexible for callers.
>
> Adrià/David: given the enhancements, can ckan-spatial import pycsw.admin.setup_db and use that directly?
That was my thought exactly when I saw Angelos comment, that would be
ideal as we won't have to worry about changes in the table definition.
I'll double check if we can use that now.

>> Native column and trigger creation script can be found here:
>> https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/blob/master/pycsw/admin.py#L257
>>
>> I promise to update the docs... :)
>>

> Good idea.  We'll get this feature in docs for 1.6.0.

Great, thanks

>>> * I seem to remember that there was some talk about offering full text
>>> support. Has this been implemented and if so what kind of setup does
>>> it require? (ie is there an index that needs to be created in the DB?
>>
>> There is an open issue on this. We originally wanted to offer this with
>> 1.6.0 but we did not get any feedback:
>> https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/issues/136
>>

> We tried our best to get this in for 1.6.0, but ran into issues and had to defer it post 1.6.0.  I will start a separate email discussion here about this once 1.6.0 is released w.r.t. options and issues.

No worries, was just wondering the status of it in case we needed to
setup something on our side.

We'll keep you posted.

Cheers,

Adrià