[pycsw-devel] Records table structure and profiles

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 17:23:45 PDT 2014

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 9:36 AM, Alejandro Mostovoi
<ahmostovoi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I was wondering if table "records" change its structure based on the
> profile selected, and other question is how to configure pycsw to enable iso
> 19115-2 profile?

FYI from a CSW perspective AFAIK this is somewhat transparent.  As
pycsw stores the entire metadata XML record in the database, and then
stores the queryables, any XML record will fit.  We include support
for gmi:MI_Metadata.  So, when inserting a 19115-2 document, pycsw
will parse and store the queryables and store the original XML
document as well (which gets returned when specifying
elementsetname=full in GetRecords requests).

Does this make sense, or do we need more?

Thanks

..Tom