[pycsw-devel] Fwd: [Incubator] Recommend pycsw Graduation

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 14:42:47 PST 2015

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[Incubator] Recommend pycsw Graduation
Date: 	Fri, 13 Feb 2015 18:22:00 -0400
From: 	Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>
To: 	incubator at lists.osgeo.org

Hello Incubation Committee,

I am writing to you as the Mentor of the pycsw project, which is
currently in the Incubation process with OSGeo.

I'd like to submit a Project Graduation Checklist document, for review
by the OSGeo Incubation Committee:
https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/wiki/Project-Graduation-Checklist

You will notice in the document that a code provenance review has been
completed as well:
https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/wiki/pycsw-Provenance-Review

I have been watching this community grow over the years (I have a good
sense of what makes a strong community), and I am very impressed with
both how active the code is being maintained, and also the fast growth
of implementations of pycsw by large organizations. I also monitor its
mailing list, which I do for hundreds of software projects, and it is
very vibrant (always an important sign of an active community).  Lastly,
that pycsw is the OGC reference implementation for the CSW standard, is
proof of the attention to detail and commitment by the pycsw team.

I'd also like to mention that, the pycsw team is very keen and excited
to become an official OSGeo project, which cannot be put down on paper
or measured, but it is one of the most important parts of the process I
believe.

Therefore as mentor, I recommend to the Incubation Committee that pycsw
graduates, and becomes an official OSGeo Project.

Let me know if you have any questions and I can relay to the pycsw team.
  Thanks everyone,

-jeff

--
pycsw mentor