[pycsw-devel] help on finding a way to propose some changes to pycsw

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 07:27:32 PDT 2015

Hi Ricardo: thanks very much for the deep deep investigation and analysis
to the codebase -- wow!

I can't speak for all pycsw devs but I will say there is certainly alot of room
for improvement in pycsw and contributions are always welcome.  For the most
part the (very nice!) enhancements / refactoring you outline make sense.

At this point I would suggest submitting the changes as a series of
granular, logical GitHub pull requests (as you have done so far).  This will
allow devs to do code review in a manageable fashion, and be able to track
down unit testing issues against travis-ci.

For deeper impact changes like using native datetime types I would recommend
working with a pycsw dev to draft an RFC.

Looking forward to these valuable contributions!

Thanks

..Tom