[pycsw-devel] Access Constraints question

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 08:28:57 PDT 2015

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 5:19 PM, Alejandro Mostovoi
<ahmostovoi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>    I don't understand how to use or what for the parameter Access
> Constraints is.
>    Could someone give me some examples?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Alejandro.

Hi Alejandro: Access Constraints happen in a couple of use cases in pycsw:

1./ service metadata: this is advertised in CSW Capabilities XML as
ows:AccessConstraints [1].  you can set this value in pycsw
configuration via metadata:main.identification_accessconstraints.
Note that pycsw does not implement access constraints/ACLs against
metadata or the service access as this is left to the implementing
application

2./ core queryables.  In the ISO Application Profile,
apiso:AccessConstraints is a queryable which you can use to apply
filters against when querying the catalogue.  This queryable is mapped
to ISO metadata's gmd:accessConstraints [2], which also maps to
dc:rights in CSW's core queryables

Hope this helps.

..Tom

[1] from http://schemas.opengis.net/ows/1.0.0/owsServiceIdentification.xsd:
ows:AccessConstraints: Unordered list of access constraints applied to
assure the protection of privacy or intellectual property, and any
other restrictions on retrieving or using data from or otherwise using
this server. The reserved value NONE (case insensitive) shall be used
to mean no access constraints are imposed. If this element is omitted,
no meaning is implied.

[2] https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/blob/master/pycsw/plugins/profiles/apiso/apiso.py#L102