[pycsw-devel] Federated Search question

Alejandro Mostovoi ahmostovoi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 12:24:58 PDT 2016

Hi All,
   I'm trying to make a distributed search against other CSW server. Both
servers use ISO 19139 metadata standard.
   I'm performing a GetRecords operation using this xml:

<csw:GetRecords xmlns:csw="http://www.opengis.net/cat/csw/2.0.2" xmlns:ogc="
http://www.opengis.net/ogc" xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
service="CSW" version="2.0.2" resultType="results"
*outputSchema="http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gmd
<http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gmd>"*> <csw:DistributedSearch hopCount="2"/>
<csw:Query typeNames="gmd:MD_Metadata">
<csw:ElementSetName>full</csw:ElementSetName>
</csw:Query>
</csw:GetRecords>

The response should have 2 records, but it has only 1 record and a comment
which says: <!-- 1 result from <csw server url> --> and nothing else.

I made another test, changing the outputSchema to

*outputSchema="http://www.opengis.net/cat/csw/2.0.2
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.opengis.net%2Fcat%2Fcsw%2F2.0.2&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGUAtOx6-De4qOS3H6Xmsph1ubQSQ>"*
and the response has the 2 records, but with a different schema.

I need to get the 2 records with the *gmd* schema. What I'm doing wrong?

The pycsw version is 1.10.3, on Ubuntu Server 14.04 64-bit.

Thanks in advance.
Alejandro