[pycsw-devel] pycsw does not store all the harvested metadata into the database

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 10:42:08 PDT 2016

Hi Tomas:

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Tomas Kliment <tomas.kliment at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> First of all let me thank you for a great and light CSW implementation, I
> recently switched from Geonetwork.

Thank you for the kind words!

> However, in my project Bolegweb <https://bolegweb.geof.unizg.hr> I have
> planned top use pycsw as a catalogue of metadata harvested from the OGC
> Services I collected from Google SE using scrapper and crawler.
>
> Today, I finished and run one PHP script (attached) which sends CSW
> harvesting request to my pycsw <https://bolegweb.geof.unizg.hr/pycsw_wms>
> instance for all online WMS 1.1.1 services available in my database. I
> collect info about metadata inserted, updated and deleted from each service
> response and collected more than 16 thousands metadata based on sum of CSW
>
> However, when I look at the underneath postgres database, as well as when
> I try to call GetRecords for all the records I receive only 231 records.
>
> Could you please advice me what I do wrong, when the pycsw CSW Harvesting
> only 231?

With the exception of WPS, all other OWS harvesting should store all of a
service's resources as well as a record for the service itself (e.g. for a
WMS with 16 layers, 16+1 records).  Can you send a sample list of services
so I can test locally and try to reproduce?

Thanks

..Tom