[pygeoapi] api-first vs web application

Francesco Bartoli xbartolone at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 15:10:43 PDT 2020

Hi folks,

I want to continue the discussion already started in the gitter channel. Happy to hear more perspectives on the tables. I left just my last comment about the topic:

I do believe the main focus for pygeoapi should remain that of an api-first building block for the digital transformation of SDIs. In other words, giving the minimal context to the user in the html form is fair enough for me but deviating from the api-first approach is just an anti-pattern. This wouldn’t exclude to have a pygeoapi-ui project for a web application to cover complex use cases. It’s not a negative aspect but web application and api-first concepts just collide in my opinion.

Ciao
Francesco