[pygeoapi] pygeoapi as productive tool

Alexandre Leroux alexandre.leroux at ec.gc.ca
Wed Nov 23 05:02:49 PST 2022

Hi Wolfgang,

Hope you're doing well. On our side at Environment and Climate Change
Canada, I confirm we use pygeoapi in a 24/7 mission critical
environment. You can see pygeoapi in action as part of our Open Data
services here: https://api.weather.gc.ca/ . These MSC Open Data services
serve about 80M data requests daily (which includes pygeoapi as part of
that infrastructure). I think we currently have over a billion features
in our pygeoapi instances. In our experience, pygeoapi has been super
stable and easy to maintain.

We also use pygeoapi for woudc.org and other data services. There's a
list of LiveDdeployments here
https://github.com/geopython/pygeoapi/wiki/LiveDeployments but I have no
idea if this is up to date or not.

I can't comment on Oracle Spatial as a data source, we don't use Oracle
software ourselves.

Hope this helps -- Alex

--
Alexandre Leroux, M.Sc., ing.