[pygeoapi] pygeoapi as productive tool

Benjamin Webb bwebb at lincolninst.edu
Wed Nov 23 06:36:58 PST 2022

Wolfgang,

Building on the responses from the other pygeoapi contributors, I can confirm that we use pygeoapi in support of the Internet of Water project. We primarily deploy pygeoapi on Google Cloud Platform as an isolated container on Cloud Run as well as running pygeoapi with remote backends such as Cloud SQL, ESRI Feature Service, Socrata, and SensorThings API.

I understand pygeoapi's reference implementation status to refer primarily to the ease at which you can deploy performant and certified OGC API services from various backends.

I do not have much experience with Oracle Spatial, but I echo Francesco's words. The provider plugin architecture makes it easy to write a provider for your backend - if that backend is not already supported by the provider plugins in pygeoapi core.

Thanks,
Ben

Ben Webb

Software Developer