[Pywps-dev] let there be modules !!!

Jorge de Jesus jorge.mendesdejesus at wur.nl
Tue May 21 00:45:43 PDT 2013

Hi to all

My personal idea for the new PyWPS is that everything has to be
extremely modular, for example:

1 module to parse XML, (a sort of API) with well defines I/O, classes
and methods. This allows us to decouple/couple without any problems.
This allow us to change XML libraries on the fly, meaning if a user is
not happy with lxml it can use a different parser module that uses DOM.
But the module's outputs/input/methods should always be the same.

Another better example, from the WPS-DEV answers concerning the future
WPS2.0 we will have to support things like: start/cancel/pause process
and therefore we will have to implement some sort of database solution
and uuid, and of course I would prefer sqlite for it but someone may
prefer MySQL or Oracle....

This also allows for easier unittest development :)

Jorge

--
ISRIC - World Soil Information Post: PO box 353, 6700 AJ, Wageningen,
The Netherlands Visiting Address: Droevendaalsesteeg 3, 6708 PB