[Pywps-dev] REST interface

Calin Ciociu calin.ciociu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 12:55:00 PDT 2015

Hello everyone,

As some may know I am working during the summer for Google Summer of
Code 2015.
My job is to implement a REST interface for PyWPS-4.

So REST won't be much different than the actual way a client makes requests.
Something along the lines of
"http://localhost:5000/wps?SERVICE=wps&OPERATION=GetCapabilities"

What I was thinking was to add additional operation for different tasks
like for example get the server configuration or the list of running
server instances and processes. Also be able to set some configuration,
control processes etc. (Which might require also some kind of security
otherwise anyone can just go ahead and stop or deploy servers/processes)

What do you guys think?
Does this sound like a plan or should I have something different like
"http://localhost:5000/rest?operation=foo&..."?

Best regards,
Calin Ciociu