[Pywps-dev] OSGeo Live inclusion

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Thu May 28 17:58:31 PDT 2015

Hi PyWPS community:

Part of OSGeo incubation includes being part of the OSGeo Live [1]
project.  From the project graduation checklist [2] (Marketing
section):

"""
Marketing artefacts have been created about the project in line with
the incubation criteria listed in the OSGeo Marketing Committee's
Marketing Artefacts.
This lists the documentation requirements for OSGeo-Live. Marketing
Artefacts include:

Application Overview
Application Quick Start
Logo
Graphical Image

Ideally, stable version(s) of executable applications are bundled with
appropriate distributions.
In most cases, this will at least include OSGeo-Live, but may also
include DebianGIS, UbuntuGIS, and/or osgeo4w, ms4w, etc.)
"""

I'll also add that being part of OSGeo Live yields significant
benefits for getting foss4g software out there, and get users up and
running easily to kick the tires, etc.

This basically involves installation scripts and 2 doc pages.  Using
pycsw as an example:

Install script:
https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/blob/master/bin/install_pycsw.sh
Application Overview: http://live.osgeo.org/en/overview/pycsw_overview.html
Application Quick Start:
http://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/pycsw_quickstart.html

The OSGeo Live team is a great bunch who can address questions and
issues.  I've cc'd Angelos Tzotsos from the project for his info.

Thoughts? Can PyWPS devs help with getting PyWPS on OSGeo Live?

Cheers

..Tom

[1] http://live.osgeo.org
[2] http://www.osgeo.org/incubator/process/project_graduation_checklist.html