[Pywps-dev] validators in pywps-4

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 14:48:40 PST 2015

Hi all,

today, I managed to introduce first stable version of "validators" to
PyWPS-4

Each Input nad Output has format assinged

Each Format is of special type (either mimeType (like GML) or data type
(like Float))

Each format can have validator assinged - I implemented default validators
for GML, Shapefile and JSON.

Each Input can set, how strict should the validator be (mode = NONE,
Simple, Strict, VeryStrict)

Example:
ComplexInput('poly_in', 'Input1',
                  supported_formats=[Format('application/gml+xml')],
                  mode=MODE.STRICT)

Will expect one possible format - GML (validator is assigned automatically)
and will be validating using STRICT mode - in this case, OGR will be used
(no XML schema check)

This introduces new level of **security** and consistency to PyWPS-4

It was also one of the biggest tasks on my TODO list, on the way to PyWPS-4
stable version.

https://github.com/jachym/pywps-4/milestones/PyWPS%204.0.0%20stable%20version

Check our code: https://github.com/jachym/pywps-4
Travis unit tests: https://travis-ci.org/jachym/pywps-4