[Pywps-dev] PyWPS support for ExecuteResponseLocation, providing process status

Jonas Eberle jonas.eberle at gmx.de
Wed Apr 20 02:57:58 PDT 2016

You have an error in the request, storeExecuteResponse=true and status=true are individual attributes of the request, in your example these are data inputs! Please use & storeExecuteResponse=true & status=true at the end instead using the semicolon. Using the "old" PyWPS I also embraced the data inputs with brackets, this leads to less errors in my opinion: DataInputs= [ processor_name=ST_IPF_;processor_version=01.13 ]

Cheers,
Jonas

----- Am 20. Apr 2016 um 10:05 schrieb Robin Skahjem-Eriksen <skahjem-eriksen at stcorp.no>:

> [...]

> outputs = [
> LiteralOutput(
> 'ipf_result',
> 'SUCCESS/FAILURE',
> data_type='string'
> )
> ]

> super(IPF, self).__init__(
> self._handler,
> identifier='ipf',
> version='0.1',
> title='Generic IPF processor',
> abstract='Processors for handling IPF products',
> inputs=inputs,
> outputs=outputs,
> store_supported=True,
> status_supported=True
> )

> (.. handler omitted ..)

> Am I missing something?

> Med vennlig hilsen / With kind regards,

> Robin Skahjem-Eriksen

> Software developer

> Science [&] Technology AS

> Reg. nr.: 996 229 009 MVA

> [E]: skahjem-eriksen at stcorp.no

> [Address]:

> Forskningsparken

> Gaustadalléen 21

> 0349 Oslo

> Norway

> [W]: http://www.stcorp.no

> [P]:+47 45 911 694

> [E]: info at stcorp.no

>> On Apr 19 2016, at 9:26 pm, Jonas Eberle <jonas.eberle at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi Robin,

>> I guess you're looking for the "statusLocation" attribute of the ExecuteResponse
>> tag. The value of this attribute is the URL to the response document,
>> especially needed when you use asynchronous execution (both, status=true and
>> storeExecuteResponse=true, needed in the execute request). There is no
>> executeResponseLocation element, please see the "Corrigendum for OpenGIS
>> Implementation Standard Web Processing Service (WPS) 1.0.0 (0.0.8)" [1].

>> Best regards,
>> Jonas

>> [1] = http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=32766

>> ----- Am 19. Apr 2016 um 11:09 schrieb Robin Skahjem-Eriksen
>> <skahjem-eriksen at stcorp.no>:

>>> I am trying to get pywps working so that a ResponseDocument is used to show the
>>> process status, by having the Execute response provide a URL to the
>>> ResponseDocument, as specified in the WPS 1.0 standard.

>>> I am not sure if pywps actually supports this and if so, the feature is not well
>>> documented. I see that pywps supports serving output files and serving these,
>>> and I was hoping that this could be used to provide the response document.

>>> I initialize a Process object with `store_supported` and `status_supported` set
>>> to `True` and provide `storeExecuteResponse=true` in the GET request. However,
>>> I haven't manged to receive a response containing the `executeResponseLocation`
>>> element, and I cannot find any code in the master branch code base that handles
>>> an `ExecuteResponseLocation`.

>>> Am I missing anything, or is this feature simply not supported by pywps?

>>> 0349 Oslo

>>> Norway