[Pywps-dev] development workflow update

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 13:28:04 PST 2016

Hi all: FYI the following have been completed
against https://github.com/geopython/pywps:

- master branch is up to date
- issues / milestones are up to date and represent 3.x and 4.x plans
- branch pywps-4 represents our PyWPS 4 effort
- branch pywps-3.2 represents our 3.x development.  At this point in time any
   fixes in master that apply to 3.x should be also applied to branch pywps-3.2
- any further 3.x releases are to built/tagged/released off branch pywps-3.2

At some point branch pywps-4 will be merged as master and pywps-3.2 will be
our 3.x support branch.  From that point forward, any changes in master
should _not_ be applied to branch pywps-3.2 given the backward
compability break.

I'd like to hear thoughts on pywps-4 -> master efforts and when folks
think is a good time to move that over.  The idea here is that we have
supported releases (3.2.3) to download or pip install, and master
represents development.  Does anyone have any knowledge that master
is being used operationally anywhere (which is a bad idea given it's
not a release).

Cheers

..Tom