[Pywps-dev] clarification of dependencies

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 04:31:53 PST 2016

Hi all: in master branch, I see dependencies in the following:

- https://github.com/geopython/pywps/blob/master/requirements.txt
- https://github.com/geopython/pywps/blob/master/setup.py#L64-L69
- https://github.com/geopython/pywps/blob/master/tox.ini#L10-L19

It will be valuable to harmonize these requirements in requirements.txt
from which setup.py and tox.ini can automagically derive.  This keeps
dependencies centralized.

Questions:

- is GDAL an absolute requirement?  For example, our soon to be published
   instance of PyWPS does not use GDAL whatsoever
- is OWSLib an absolute requirement?  For example, our soon to be published
   instance of PyWPS does not use OWSLib whatsoever
- is werkzeug an absolute requirement?  For example, Can I swap in
   Flask instead?
- unipath is used in one single spot in the entire codebase https://github.com/geopython/pywps/blob/aed9f6b4b76f954a9a401309ecebb5a22a99d495/pywps/wpsserver.py#L37
   Any objections to working around this functionality thereby removing the unipath
   dependency requirement?

My goal here is to have setup.py, tox.ini, and docs/conf.py derive from
requirements.txt (for mocking for rtfd.org), but I'm not aware of the
context/details behind the above.

Thanks

..Tom