[Pywps-dev] clarification of dependencies

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 11:37:42 PST 2016

Hi,

> [...]

agreed

> Questions:
>
> - is GDAL an absolute requirement?  For example, our soon to be published
>    instance of PyWPS does not use GDAL whatsoever

nope, it's there just for input data validation. but just for some cases
(STRICT validation) and it's used by tests

> - is OWSLib an absolute requirement?  For example, our soon to be published
>    instance of PyWPS does not use OWSLib whatsoever

yes - we rely on it

> - is werkzeug an absolute requirement?  For example, Can I swap in
>    Flask instead?

Quoting from http://werkzeug.pocoo.org/

Werkzeug is the base of frameworks such as Flask <http://flask.pocoo.org/> and
more

IMHO Flask should be able to install it's dependences automatically (?)

> - unipath is used in one single spot in the entire codebase
> https://github.com/geopython/pywps/blob/aed9f6b4b76f954a9a401309ecebb5a22a99d495/pywps/wpsserver.py#L37
>    Any objections to working around this functionality thereby removing
> the unipath
>    dependency requirement?

+1 (you did already, right?)

> My goal here is to have setup.py, tox.ini, and docs/conf.py derive from
> requirements.txt (for mocking for rtfd.org), but I'm not aware of the
> context/details behind the above.

Nice work, thanks