[Pywps-dev] Discussion & Re: [GSOC] Fifth week report

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 02:30:00 PDT 2016

hi,

comments iline

čt 30. 6. 2016 v 19:17 odesílatel Jan Rudolf <rudolja1 at fit.cvut.cz> napsal:

> Hello,
>
> It's ok. I will look on it, but by a quick view, I think, we could use a
> little bit edited https://github.com/jan-rudolf/gsoc-pywps-app.
>
> Points from my report, I would like to discuss:
> 1) REST API
>
> I received an email a week ago:
> >Hello,
> >I have been reading your reports, since this feature may be something
> >one of our potential clients could use.
> >Just a note: try to stick to REST principles when writing your API.
> >/pause/id, /resume/id, /stop/id is very SOAP-oriented and should be
> avoided.
> >Keep up the good work on PyWPS :-)
> >Vincent
>
> He is right that according to REST principles, I should have for these
> operations one URL for example /processes/uuid and pause, resume and stop
> would differ by a different HTTP request method for this URL. Do you want
> me to keep it like it is or change it like in the previous sentence?

it's always worth to listen what Vincent is saying, mark my words ;-)

> 2) Pause/resume/stop
> We have database table pywps_requests and there are status and message
> columns. If a process is for example paused, do you want to fill into these
> columns that it is paused?

Yes, this attributes should go to database

> What specific information do you want to fill in for the paused, the
> resumed and the stopped process?

for now: status, time of last change - maybe it will fit into current
columns (status(?)) .. anybody else has idea?

> PS: I am somehow able to get a light flu during June, so I am a little
> less productive this week, I will be alright soon.

Are you trying to say, you are going to send viruses per e-mail? Don't
worry, we all have antivirus protection ;-) Stay well