[Pywps-dev] pyWPS with access to a GeoTIFF via rasterstats/rasterio

Derek Hohls dhohls at csir.co.za
Tue May 16 06:16:51 PDT 2017

Hi

I am wondering if anyone has experience in accessing and extracting data from a GeoTIFF via the  rasterstats/rasterio libraries?

The standalone code I have work  fine when I run it from the console, but when called as part of a pyWPS process, it seems to hang at the point where rasterio tries to read the file - specifically, the call that rasterstats makes to rasterio is:

        new_array = self.src.read(
                self.band, window=win, boundless=True, masked=masked)

Unfortunately, the relevant rasterio code for file reads is in a compiled Cython file, so we cannot trace into it to find exactly where it is hanging.

I have checked that an ordinary Python file routine can open & read that same file from within the pyWPS code, so it is not a file access or permission problem.

Any help with this, or suggestions from similar experiences, is appreciated!

Thanks
Derek