[Pywps-dev] git branches confusion (mess)

Tom Kralidis tom.kralidis at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 10:11:28 PDT 2017

My proposal on Gitter was to keep master as the true dev branch and releasing stable branches on major releases. That seemed like overhead at the time and we agreed to go with a git-flow type model. Sometimes the 'master by default' thinking has PRs being issued to master by mistake.

What do folks think about:

- eliminating develop branch
- working off master as latest
- creating stable branches off major releases

Example for a major release:
- create x.y.z tag
- create x.y stable branch
- bug fixes are applied against master and x.y
- bug fix releases are made against x.y branch
- new features are applied against master

Thoughts?

..Tom

Sent from my iPhone