[PyWPS-dev] json requests return utf-8 encoded strings :(

Martin Paredes MParedes at dzynetech.com
Wed Aug 29 12:24:42 PDT 2018

Anytime I request data as json I receive back a html escaped (utf-8) string. It seems that because the data is already in

    <![CDATA[

there should be no need to convert each " to " as it's just making the data so much larger.

What can I do to set the json to be returned as a regular ascii string? Is there a configuration setting, or do I need to modify the pywps code and rebuld (if so, could you point me to what I need to modify please)?

I've tried changing the pywps.cfg? like so:

[server]

encoding=iso-8859-1?

This happens with the default example testjson example (I didn't change anything, it was run straight from the code downloaded from github). Instead of getting back:    ?

<wps:ComplexData mimeType="application/geojson" encoding="" schema=""><![CDATA[

                    ["foo", {"bar":["baz", null, 1.0, 2]}]

 ]]></wps:ComplexData>

I'm getting:

<wps:ComplexData mimeType="application/geojson" encoding="" schema=""><![CDATA[
                            [
  "foo",
  {
    "bar": [