[PyWPS-dev] Strange handling of response document outputs in case of more than one defined output.

gunnar.stroeer at yahoo.de gunnar.stroeer at yahoo.de
Sat Jan 26 04:47:44 PST 2019

Hi Community,

during my processes writing I've found out a strange behavior (v4.0). If
I define a process that calculates two different outputs everything
works fine if I ask for these two outputs within the XML post. For example:

<wps:ResponseForm>
	<wps:ResponseDocument lineage="false" storeExecuteResponse="false"
status="false">
		<wps:Output asReference="true" mimeType="image/geotiff" extension=".tif">
			<ows:Identifier>out_dem</ows:Identifier>
			<ows:Title>Digital Elevation Model</ows:Title>
		</wps:Output>
		<wps:Output asReference="true" mimeType="text/xml" encoding="utf-8"
extension=".x3d">
			<ows:Identifier>out_x3d</ows:Identifier>
			<ows:Title>3D City Model</ows:Title>
		</wps:Output>
	</wps:ResponseDocument>
</wps:ResponseForm>

But if I delete one of these two outputs within the XML post the process
will crash. Is that a known behavior, a bug, or is something wrong in my
use case only? I'd expect a simple ignore of that unwanted output in the
ProcessOutputs by PyWPS.

Sorry for not testing in v4.3 yet, I haven't capabilities doing that
now, will do that asap.

Cheers, Gunnar