[PyWPS-dev] wps raster processing pipeline (chaining)

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 02:52:58 PST 2020

Hi Idan,

first off all, thank you for sharing your nice implementation - is
that published somewhere online? Are you working for some organisation
? Would you like to share it in our gallery ?
https://pywps.org/gallery/

About your questions:

Output format should be part of the request, see WPS 1.0.0
specification, table 51 . In all our examples, we just use the
"asReference" attribute, but setting mimeType would lead the output
format definition

Chaining processes should be possible between multiple instances. But
the level of implementation will probably be different among them -
you will have to test against some servers. I'm not sure, how deep we
implemented this in PyWPS to be fair.

Anyway, chaining is again described in the WPS 1.0.0 standard -but
only for KVP (HTTP GET) encoding (page 40).

Having a look into your source code - I'm afraid, WPS client for other
services was not implemented yet. [1][2]

[1] https://github.com/geopython/pywps/blob/master/pywps/app/WPSRequest.py#L491
[2] https://github.com/geopython/pywps/blob/master/pywps/app/WPSRequest.py#L381

Jachym