[Qgis-community-team] Ready for feature freeze?

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sun Aug 31 16:06:03 EDT 2008

At the risk of sounding like a priest / rabbi / clergy of your choice:

If anyone has any reason why we shouldnt proceed with feature freeze
tomorrow  please let me know ASAP or forever hold your peace :-)

Peter are we going to wait for your raster tweaks for 1.1? We could
maybe delay the freeze start till the end of this week if you think it
will help - let me know.

Tom is there anything pending from your side that we need to hang 5 for?

If I dont hear any objections by tomorrow, we will officially be in
feature freeze from tuesday (I will send out a new notice to confirm
that feature freeze is started).

Once feature freeze kicks in could I appeal to everyone to try their
best to do their relevant part to make this release happen before the
end of September - I would love to be able to announce that QGIS 1.0
is available at FOSS4G2008 in Cape Town at the end of Sept.

The community team folks working on the web site it would be great to
get it spruced up in time for that too!

Best regards and many thanks,

--
Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release Manager)
 * QGIS programming services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net