[Qgis-community-team] Re: [Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.0 Branched - please read to prepare for 1.0.0 release!

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Mon Dec 15 17:33:57 EST 2008

Monday 15 of December 2008 17:15:08 Otto Dassau napisał(a):
> I am hopeful that we will have the english manual ready or at least a
> preview version that needs a final review by native english speaking
> people. There are still a few days left and we will work hard to finish it
> :).
>
> btw: There are still 23 python plugins listed in the official QGIS
> repository. Will we repository clean up this repository or are all plugins
> relevant and working with 1.0.? We started with the ftools so far and would
> like to add more to the manual, but we don't know which are working and
> relevant.

The old repository will be depreciated and two new ones for 1.0 (moderated and
unofficial) are being created now. I believe Gary will manage on time and
we'll put the rewritten plugins to the new unofficial repo. Then the most
valuable of them will be 'certified' and moved to the official repository.

But you can't wait and now need to know which of them will be officially
supported - so we have to appoint a small council right now. Tim? Martin?
Carson? Barry? Paolo? We just need two or three folks to make sure that we
can take a responsibility for the particular plugin.

> It would be very helpful to have a list of plugins here. And it would also
> be good to know a little about the plugin strategy that we can add to the
> manual.

What do you mean by the plugin strategy? I'll write a short description of
Plugin Installer and packaging rules for plugin developers. It will be done
before until this Sunday, isn't it too late?