[Qgis-community-team] A couple of comments about the manual

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Dec 16 16:16:26 EST 2008

Hi all

I just noticed that figure 1 and figure 2 are the same image in the
manual.

Also I would like to suggest that 'complicated' things like mentioning
compiling from source, command line options get moved to a later point
in the manual. For building user confidence I think it cant be
underestimated how useful it is to have the user :

- open qgis
- add a sample layer
- point / click /  pan and zoom a little

One they have done that  they should get the feeling 'ah this GIS stuff
is not so hard!' and then dive back into the manual for more technical
details.

Hopefully the above is just a simple matter of rearranging some content
(I havent got very far through reading it in its current incarnation
yet), if not we should probably leave this suggestion for a future
revision of the QGIS manual.

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting & Support Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net