[Qgis-community-team] possible manual error

James Dasher misterdasher at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 20:20:55 EDT 2008

Installing QGIS 0.10.0 on Ubuntu 8.04, I noticed that the Linux Qt
installation procedure*  lists "libqt4-debug".  I kept getting package
dependency errors when I tried to install libqt4-gui, which depends on the
debug tools, until it hit me: I was attempting to install the 4.3.4 debug
tools package, when I needed the 4.4.0 tools.  The 4.4.0 tools use a
different pkg name: "libqt4-dbg".

I haven't finished the installation, but I figured it was worth mentioning
just in case it actually should be changed in the documentation.

Also, in case I'm wrong, please notice the use of weasel words like
"possible".  And, of course, feel free to point out my error if you notice
one (or more!).  I could always use the help...

*in Appendix D.3. Install Qt4, pg. 147; the Wiki URL is <
http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/BuildingFromSource?highlight=(libqt4-gui)#head-8e1e1ff25b5e9f587393e0592c0ff34891ec07cc

Thanks,
James

--