[Qgis-community-team] Re: Planning for QGIS 1.0.0 '????'

Tara Athan tara_athan at alt2is.com
Sun Jul 27 20:47:08 EDT 2008

Time pressure leads to panic, panic leads to mistakes.
I think we will be much better off having a looser schedule for the user
guide and not expect a simultaneous release.

If we were following a stricter development process (GUI design which is
specified early, strong communication channels concerning any changes to
that design) then it might be possible to develop the user guide in
parallel to the implementation.
But my feeling is that is not the way this (or any opensource?) project
works, yes?

Tara

--
My e-mail delivery has been unreliable lately, so I am asking for
return receipts from all my email messages.

Tara Athan
Principal, Alternatives to Invasive Species
tara_athan [AT] alt2is.com
707-485-1198
PO Box 415
Redwood Valley, CA 95470