[Qgis-community-team] joomla-version

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Tue Jun 3 03:40:23 EDT 2008

Hi (Stephan),

I just found that we (probably) get in trouble using joomla 1.5, because the
"new" server only provides PHP 5.0.4 and this causes various problems as far as
I found on several web pages.

e.g.: The joomla 1.5 installation guide says: "Do not use PHP 4.3.9, PHP 4.4.2
or PHP 5.0.4" -> http://help.joomla.org/content/view/1938/310/

For joomla 1.0 everything seems to be fine. As far as I found out the server is
a fedora core 4, php 5.0.4, mysql 4.1.20. This is like joomla 1.0 not new but
stable, so it might fit very well? ;-).

So if you don't mind too much, I would propose to use latest 1.0 version for the
web pages, because this would be secure, cause less work and probably trouble,
especially because there are other projects (GRASS,GDAL,...) using the
ressources, too.

If you agree (especially Stephan), I would be happy and can start to prepair
everything :). Otherwise I can of course contact the SAC and try to find another
solution. But they already told me, that thei support for our server is pretty
limited and small from their side.

kind regards,
 Otto