[Qgis-community-team] (no subject)

Bettina Wolfgramm Bettina.Wolfgramm at cde.unibe.ch
Tue Nov 18 12:40:22 EST 2008

Hi everybody

My Russian is terrible, but I took QGIS to Tajikistan and in the
framework of a project we had parts of G. Shermans workshop manual
("workbook from the "Shuffling Quantum GIS into the Open Source Software
Stack" presented at FOSS4G2007) translated into Russian.

You can download it from the qgis web-site:
http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/doc/workshops/foss4g2007_qgis0.9_workshop
_ru.pdf
Artem Popov helped us with getting all the terminology right.
Furthermore my Tajik colleague Muslim also translated the eVis manual
into Russian. We also have exercises and GPS manuals and training
materials in Russian.
If you are interested in this, feel free to contact me.

In Tajikistan are a number of people working with the Russian version of
QGIS. So it would be great to creat a team....

With best regards,
Bettina