[Qgis-community-team] gui translation updates

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Thu Sep 11 05:45:37 EDT 2008

Hi Richard,

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:29:49 +0200
Richard Duivenvoorde <richard at duif.net> wrote:

> Hi Otto/Werner,
> what's the preferred way now:
>
> - translating in trunk, or in (the not yet available?) 1.0 branch?

translation updates only go into trunk, because then it is available for further
development. We won't update translations in 1.0 branch, because we would have
to merge it with trunk again.

> - can/will you do run this update script en update all ts-files, I'm not
> sure where/which script to run?

I would prefere, that translators update their language files in their svn copy,
translate and send the *.ts files to Werner. Otherwise, there might be people
who translate older *.ts files, checked out before I do the "update all
ts-files" step. This may course conflicts in svn, so I prefere that gui
translators control their translation file updates themselves.

All you need to run in the QGIS sources folder (with defined $QTDIR) is:

- svn up
- sh scripts/update_ts_files.sh
- translate your language *.ts files and send them to Werner. He will commit
your updated language files and next time you can use svn up again with
including your updates

regards,
 otto

> Regards,
> Richard Duivenvoorde
>

> Otto Dassau wrote:
> > Hi Werner,
> >
> > qgis wiki is down at the moment, but I remember from the
ReleaseChecklist1.0,