[Qgis-community-team] gui translation updates

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 05:57:08 EDT 2008

Hi Otto, Richard, Community!

Regarding to Questions from Richard I'm not quite sure and I can only
place my guesses:

> - translating in trunk, or in (the not yet available?) 1.0 branch?
I guess trunk is the right place for this right now as long as all
developement is going to trunk until branching
- Otto - You have longer experience. What do you say?

> - can/will you do run this update script and update all ts-files, I'm
> not sure where/which script to run?
As all developement is done in trunk I think its time to run the script on
all translation files to bring them upu to the latest version.
Unfortunately I can do that earliest on Monday morning :(
But the Question is .. is this really necessary - I mean AFAIK everybody
can run the script on his own working copy and send the .ts files to me.
after checking in the .ts files everything should work anyway. And for the
"not translated" files i can run the script a few days before release so
that they are also updated (allthough not translated) for 1.0.

Is this ok for you Otto?

And - I'll write an email to (hopefully) all GUI translators this
afternoon and i hope i can motivate them to translate as much as possible.
But what are the relevant lists? i always thought qgis-users is enough.
and i can't look on the page right now :(

I'll prepare the message to translators (were'nt there any pre prepared
message in the WIKI? Do you have that somewhere OTTO?)

Anyway - We'll make it somehow.. sure!

regards
Werner