[Qgis-community-team] user guide hardcopy - legal issues

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Fri Apr 24 01:56:05 EDT 2009

Hi Robert,

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 15:53:39 +0200
Robert Szczepanek <robert at szczepanek.pl> wrote:

> Dear QGIS authors and user guide editors,
>
> Quantum to become popular in non-english countries (like Poland) should
> have:
> 1. Windows version - ready
> 2. Localized gui inteface - ready for several languages
> 3. Localized manuals - in progress
>
> What is the procedure for hardcopy edition (manual including CD with
> sample datasets and install version)?

mmhh.. we don't have a procedure for that. We have been thinking about something
like print on demand services, but there is no decision about that yet.

> Assuming that QGIS project is interested in such type of promotion and
> allowed by licence.
> Will prepared manual for version 1.1 be licensed under the same terms
> like 1.0?

we are currenly looking for a suitable license for the manuals and the QGIS web
portals. I hope we make a decision soon. But anyway, it will be a free open
source license, of course. Are you interested to push the hardcopy idea, we
would be thankful for any help?

kind regards,
 Otto