[Qgis-community-team] Release date for manual 1.1

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Mon Apr 27 02:35:18 EDT 2009

Hi Documentation Team,

we now know the release date for Version 1.1. It will be the 4th or 5th May
2009. Below you also find the sources needed to build a QGIS 1.1 package for
the manual documenation.

Now, the next steps would be:

- download the sources and build QGIS version 1.1 to be able to update the
  documentation
- checkout the QGIS manual sources (also described in the wiki Manual_Writing)
  svn co https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/docs/trunk/english_us/
- update the content according to the sections you take care of. A list of
  new/updated is available in the wiki ManualTasks page as well

I think you should all have a working osgeo account with read/write access to
the documenation repository. If there are any problems or questions, please
write to the list and we will try to help. Please, also be careful and check
that the latex sources still compile succesfully after you made your changes
and before you commit them back to the svn server.

It would be great, if we can manage to get the manual ready together with the
new release. If you figure out during the week, that you won't be able to finish
your sections, please write a mail to the list before this weekend, so we can
decide how to proceed.

I know this is a lot to do, especially because most of us are new and have to
get into the process. So let's start and see how it works...

regards,
 Otto

##### Release Notes for Version 1.1 from Tim Sutton Fri, 24 Apr 2009

Dear QGIS devs & packagers

Today I have branched for release both stable and trunk. It would be
great if you can assist by making packages for your preferred platform.
The branches can be checked out at:

svn co https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/branches/Release-1_1_0 qgis-1.1.0

Source tarballs can be obtained from here:

http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/src/qgis_1.1.0.tar.gz
http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/src/qgis_1.1.0.tar.gz.md5

I would like to make the release announcement around the 4th or 5th May
2009, so it will be great to have as many packages as possible ready by
then.