[Qgis-community-team] svn commit fail - 403 error

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 04:36:16 EDT 2009

Hello

please excuse me for noobness. Gary certifies that everything is OK on
server side, and this is what I did:

on Debian testing, svn version 1.5:
$ svn co --username aghisla https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/docs/trunk/english_us
[edits]
$ svn commit
Password for 'anne':
[hit Enter, as it is the wrong username. It asks new user and pw, give
OSGeo ID, but returns]
Error: Server sent unexpected return value (403 Forbidden) in response
to MKACTIVITY request for
'/qgis/!svn/act/cff87233-f5a8-cf45-baaa-acb6e417d79c'

The same error is raised by TortoiseSVN 1.5.8, Build 15348 on Windows XP.

I checked on the web for this error and found that it is caused by case
mismatches (and it is not the case) or commit on http instead of https
(also checked and rejected).

Can anyone show me a working configuration, maybe adding info on the
wiki [0]? I won't burden Carson or Otto with my commits.

many thanks and apologies for half-operativeness,

Anne
[0]
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/index.php/Manual_Writing#Contributing_to_the_english_trunk