[Qgis-community-team] compiling manual & image quality

Yves Jacolin (free) yjacolin at free.fr
Sat Aug 22 13:28:56 EDT 2009

Hi Werner,

Le samedi 22 août 2009, Werner Macho a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> Some of my short thoughts!
>
> 1) do we need to use latex and dvipdf and all the other tools when
> pdflatex does the same in one run?
> 2) really? I remember writing my diplomathesis with pdflatex AND href ..
You are right, it seems I am going sligthy mad :) I try again and all worked
fine.

> 3) I didn't set a boundig box - rather bringing the picture to the
> right size and colour with gimp .. advantage is that you have to look
> at every picture and see if it's really good enough.

did you use png format? Did you use any option in the export process? It seems
that if you used ps file format, you don't need to set tup bbox. It is only
needed for png and jpg format? it is rather easy to create, here is the one
for big qgis logo in the title page:
%%BoundingBox: 0 0 833 939

> I really vote for pdflatex because I didn't make any bad experiences
> with it - for me I see a lot of advantages (better compatibility with
> windows users - because there will be no more script to run - only
> pdflatex, better pictures (if everybody is willing to use gimp
> before), better pdf support with the table of contents and so on ..)
>
> And I'm also willing to improve quality and help correcting bugs ..

Ok, if I can't correct some of this errors and need help, I will let you
know :)

Y.

--
Yves Jacolin

"Give freedom to people is not enough, we also have to give them the power
to use this freedom, to act". M Gauchet