[Qgis-community-team] compiling manual & image quality

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at intevation.de
Mon Aug 24 03:49:55 EDT 2009

Hello Yves,

"Yves Jacolin (free)" <yjacolin at free.fr>, [20090822 - 20:17:48]

> Le samedi 22 août 2009, Werner Macho a écrit :
> > Hi!
> >
> > Some of my short thoughts!
> >
> > 1) do we need to use latex and dvipdf and all the other tools when
> > pdflatex does the same in one run?
> > 2) really? I remember writing my diplomathesis with pdflatex AND
> > href ..
> Well, I am afraid it is. My last test was incorrect as I run make and
> not pdflatex :(

Well, I definetly know that they are not incompatible. I run several
projects with pdflatex and hyperred enabled.

I had some problems with the filepaths in pdflatex; it seems that
\graphicpath{} seems to be ignored though.

> > 3) I didn't set a boundig box - rather bringing the picture to the
> > right size and colour with gimp .. advantage is that you have to
> > look at every picture and see if it's really good enough.

Wo do not need any bounding boxes because we can set the width of a
graphic with
\includegraphic[width=10cm]{images/nnn.png}

> What do you think about the file format: is it better to use png file
> format or eps file format ?

I would vote for using png-files.

Is it worth to make this change right before a release though?

Best

	Stephan

--
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de> | Tel.: +49 (0)541-33 508 3663
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 OS  |  AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998